Keywording: Obama's dirty secrets or right wing assaults?

Fairly convinced at the moment that Obama will take the White House, I set myself to doing keyword searches to try to understand where things are going after January 2009. This conclusion comes to my regret as I have supported McCain for a broad group of reasons that have nothing to do with the BS this campaign has dumped in his lap, as far back into 1999.

Obama is overconfident, embraces inaction coated by colorful rhetoric (like Bill Clinton), and waits to drop his cards last. I don't like that, but I am perhaps going to have to live with it. So I figure I'd better try to figure out the deeper influences on this professional politician with hardly any real leadership experience who cannot even clearly express his reasons for attending a church for 20 years.

Thankfully, he has smarts, but that is only the wild card; I hope he has the humility and philosophical vibe to be more Kennedy than Clinton, more Eisenhower than GW Bush, more Reagan than Carter.

We'll see how this goes.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: