Some links that someone else compiled follows. I found them on an activist Web site. I hope the links work. If not, just look the facts up. It beats trusting your government -- it is called being informed. The government prefers that you are not that, clearly. That is WHY BIG GOVERNMENT IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A BAD THING.
The bigger government is, the less they actually wind up doing for the good of the common man, because power corrupts -- even if that simply means that that power makes people lazy and glib and smug. It is still corrupt. Not caring about your duties is simply akin to corruption.
However, the country, Bush or Obama aside, is failing, thoroughly, to be a caretaker of tax dollars and to regulate such efforts. See the following examples, which regard ONLY illegal alien costs. This is ANNUALLY. This is just one little problem in the U.S. today. Add to this the errors of bad regulative efforts against banking, financial markets, etc. Add to this the cost of the RAISED SALARIES that our U.S. Congress accepted for themselves, in December 2008. Add to that the cost of the stimulus. Where is all the money coming from? You, and me. Anyone who pays taxes.
What are you getting out of it, if you are a "victim" of the current economic crisis? If you are unemployed, and living in Florida, you get a grand total of $275 a week. Some states offer better. If you are in a union, perhaps you get better in most cases. However, if you are in an auto union, you will likely be working in a non-union, Japanese-owned factory come 2010. If you're lucky.
Anyways, just some thoughts on one "little" segment of where your tax dollars were going, and will still be, even while billions of dollars are going out to banks and job creation that the government is sanctioning.
WHY ARE WE BANKRUPT
Boy, was I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the War on Terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.
I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that readers get sick of them. I also have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, AKA anchor babies for these illegals who are still illegals even though they have US kids, note.
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate CRIMINAL illegal aliens. This is NOT a tiny segment of the prison population. (See next.)
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.
Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht
12. The National policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.
Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm
14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes are Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States."
Verify at: http://www.drdsk.com/articles.html
Verify at: http://www.drdsk.com/articles.html
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION PER YEAR.
Are we THAT stupid?
Hmm. I think we have been. Will we stop being that stupid?