Humor. Deal with it. Christians Complain Over 'SNL' Skit 'Djesus Uncrossed'

JCPenney, Sears Respond to Christian Complaints Over 'SNL' Skit 'Djesus Uncrossed'

Here's my take: this is not a mocking. It is a bit of cultural and religious humor. Tasteless and harmful to some, yes. I don't think Jesus is suffering for it. HE's bigger than all that, and my belief in him is much bigger than to be hurt by this skit.

Here's my beef: Jesus is bigger than a silly skit. And, Jesus coming back and taking no heat from anybody is awfully funny to me. I love him and his teachings, and this skit seems funny to me as described (I didn't see it).

'SNL' is a bunch of ants compared to Christianity. If they did this will ill intent, then they may get what they deserve.

I believe that God, and Jesus, can take care of themselves. It's us who have to get thicker skins about some dopey humor.

- jR, aka AirFarceOne (Twitter)


(Blog note: I'm returning to Blogger only posts, eventually, since Posterous is ending. This is my first Blogger-only post since the announcement. Many earlier posts will be edited to suit the edits I did in Posterous. This was supposed to be a repository for my initial posts, unedited generally.)

No comments: