Alaska: Ugly, fat, ranch-raised hick refers to ranch workers as 'wetbacks'

I wonder if Rep. Don Young (R - Alaska) grew up with his entire family calling the migrant workers on his father's farm "wetbacks" to their face?
My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes,” Young told Alaska public radio station KRBD.

Alaska: "former" needs to become part of Rep. Young's political title very, very soon.
"I used a term that was commonly used during my days growing up on a farm in Central California," Young said in the statement. "I know that this term is not used in the same way nowadays and I meant no disrespect."
It's "not used in the same way nowadays"? Does he mean it's not used today the way we used to use terms such as "spic," "kike," "slant-eyes," or "n..." never mind, you get my point.

Of course, if I think Alaska should boot this doddering, redneck Peter Griffin type, I must also urge Congress members and voters everywhere to hook and pull many more stumbling nitwits. Just thinking of offensive, slanderous statements that went ignored by Democrats at the moment, I can think of national leaders from Georgia, Illinois, California, in my state of Florida (several, but not my district, thankfully) -- and with a little research I could identify more, if not all, states -- who have provided quotes worse than this single use of "wetback" by a stupid, ugly, old, ranchero redneck, fat guy's. 

But you know what? Rep. Young still needs to go, to be replaced by a better, more decent, fiscally conservative, ethnically clued-in Republican. The GOP needs to grow a pair when this stuff happens and move 'em out and deal with this directly. 

It's unseemly to accept people like this as our leaders on any level. Conservatives -- and liberals I know -- lament the collapse of traditional morals, ethics and respect. Well, here's a chance to address it like we're wearing big boy pants now. 

House Majority Leader John Boehner was quoted chastising Young on USA Today: "Congressman Young's remarks were offensive and beneath the dignity of the office he holds. I don't care why he said it -- there's no excuse and it warrants an immediate apology."

Read the shameful story here (Yahoo! News):
GOP lawmaker calls Hispanic workers ‘wetbacks’ | The Ticket - Yahoo! News



- jR, aka AirFarceOne (Twitter)

No comments: