On Being God, from the Mouth of George (Schwartz) Soros


George Soros is the primary funder of the crass, childish activism-peddling group, MoveOn.org, and other extremely liberal org.'s, and is considered a man who funds anti-communist efforts worldwide (against ideals any farther left than those steeply liberal groups he funds, it seems). The right doesn't like him, while the left is at times seemingly financially dependent on him. He is not just a man with lots of money earned mostly from betting against the success of companies (hedge funds), and even his several unreadable books are not the most notable thing beyond his cash activism. This, to me, is more notable: 

It seems that Soros believes he was anointed by God. "I fancied myself as some kind of god …" he once wrote. "If truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble."

When asked by Britain's Independent newspaper to elaborate on that passage, Soros said, "It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out."

Since I began to live it out. Those unfamiliar with Soros would probably dismiss the statement out of hand. But for those who have followed his career and sociopolitical endeavors, it cannot be taken quite so lightly.


He's creepy. Juuuust creepy. At least he's only intent on destroying free society as we know it, and not the planet. Something to be grateful for. When did we start liking people with god complexes? I didn't get that memo. Oh! It's a leftist thing! That explains it! 

- jR

No comments: